For any company representatives that may find their way here, welcome, and thank you for your time.
These are my review policies, they are not subject to negotiation unless specified to the contrary:
- I do not give ” x/x ” type ratings. I provide my subjective opinions of a product’s value, characteristics, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, etc. In essence, I have a conversation with my readers about the product and how I feel about it.
- I do not accept corporate or personal gifts, monetary or otherwise.
- I do not keep any items I review, unless I have paid for them at full-market price, or at a discounted price available to the general public.
- I don’t have a problem paying return shipping, so long as it’s not ridiculous. This is a hobby and not a job for me, I don’t gain anything from this other than the experience with your product, which I then share with my readers.
- All details regarding the handling of your product, such as how long you are lending it to me, when you want it back, how you want it handled while in my care, and any other details will be finalized before you send me the review unit. I want to take the best care of your product possible and make sure there aren’t any problems.
- If I am responsible for return shipping, I will insure the shipped item at its full market value and provide you with a valid tracking number as soon as it is shipped.
- I will not share your product, product schematics, product information, or any other information that may be considered a Trade Secret or Intellectual Property. I fully respect your company’s privacy concerns.
- That being said, I will not misrepresent your product. If the information you provide me about the review unit does not match public information about the product, I will require this discrepancy to be fixed before the review proceeds. I know that sometimes typos and other clerical errors happen or a number is accidentally changed which is why I’m willing to be understanding about these things if they happen.
- If I have any kind of bias or influence regarding your product and my evaluation of it, I will disclose that at the beginning of the review.
- The only way a product gets better is if we talk about it’s flaws. It’s great when a product satisfies the customer but what about when it doesn’t make them happy? Constructive criticism is what drives progress and it is what I will give you. I won’t ever slander a product, I will only make observations and recommendations in a professional manner.
- You will receive date-time-stamped photos of your product before I ship it back to you. This ensures that if it is damaged in shipping, the carrier can be held responsible…also, it covers my rear end too! 🙂
- I will use photos you provide, as well as photos I take to display your product. I will not, however, only display photos you provide. Balance and transparency is the name of the game.
Ok, so that was a lot to read…but I want to be thorough. If you have questions or would like to discuss a product review, please let me know!